We have two shirt designs, The Heritage and the Stamford.
- The Heritage has a classic ‘Jermyn Street’ design and is the perfect business shirt. Slightly longer in the body to ensure it stays tucked in to suit pants, The Heritage has a semi cut-away collar suitable for larger tie knots such as the Windsor. The Heritage comes in a classic cut and a tailored fit.
- The Stamford is a contemporary cut that looks great with a suit, but also with jeans and a jacket. It is a tailored shirt that is slightly shorter in length and so can also be worn untucked. It has a semi-cut away collar, but the length of the point from collar band to tip is shorter creating a narrower, more modern collar. This style of collar looks great worn open or with smaller tie knots.
So, what makes Green Thread shirts so different?
- All our shirts are made from the finest quality 100s two ply organic cotton poplin – hard wearing, soft to the touch but with that clean crisp poplin look and feel that you want in a business shirt. The fabric is light enough for the warm Australian climate, but dense enough not to be see through or transparent.
- The easy care finish means that you probably won’t need to iron the shirt, but if you do want that perfect finish, then it will press quickly and easily.
- Green Thread shirts have semi cut-away collars that suit nearly all tie knots but can also be worn open. Our collars are edge stitched so that they won’t curl at the ends. Very few shirt collars are stitched right to the edge and that is why the collar stiffener often does not go all the way to the tip of the collar and the collars curl. Not on a Green Thread shirt.
- Our shirts have 8 buttons down the front. Many shirts only have six or, at best, seven buttons down the front. We have eight so that the shirt won’t gape. Each button is double stitched and lock stitched.
- Green Thread shirts have a flat front with no central raised ‘placket’ where the shirt buttons up, ensuring a look of crisp quality and smooth styling.
- All our shirts have side gussets for extra strength and the Heritage shirts are that little bit longer to ensure that they stay tucked in.
- All Green Thread shirts come in two sleeve lengthhs. The 3 button hole cuff link system design on the French cuffs also means that the sleeves can be adjusted slightly to make the length absolutely perfect. All our shirts have a small button on the sleeve placket to keep the sleeve straight and smooth and avoid gaping.
- All our shirts are discretely trimmed with our cotton leaf logo fabric. It adds a bit of style and subtly states that you are doing your bit for the environment.